Our Vision and Mission"Building capacities of women for change"
We envision ‘a society in which women lead holistically fulfilled lives’.
We are a national Faith Based Organization committed to creating stable and healthy families through:
- organizing and uniting women
- enhancing their productivity levels
- building their ability to demand for services
- Skilling and then linking them to other service providers for more comprehensive support
‘To transform vulnerable and disadvantaged women into highly productive, caring and networked citizens free from all forms of discrimination including sexual and gender based violence and from the threat of such”
True to Uganda Orthodox Church Mothers’ Union’s (UOCMU) identity and position within the Ugandan society, we intend to live by the following set of values:
- Christian love (1 John 3:14) – God’s call is to love our fellow human beings without which we are bounded by death.
- Stewardship (1 Timothy 6:20) and Luke (12:42) – We are called upon to keep in good custody all that has been entrusted to us in our service to God’s people. We are accountable to women and communities we serve and seek to obtain value for money or resources availed to us in pursuit of organizational objectives.
- Unity (Psalms 133:1, and Ephesians 4:3) – It is the role of each one of us to foster unity
- Faith (Acts 6:5, 26:18) – Belief in divine providence to cause a fundamental change in people’s lives
- Transparency and accountability (Mathew 25: 26-30) – Standing by our actions and deeds is paramount in our service delivery approach
- Promotion of Justice (1 Kings 3: 27) – In all our decisions and engagements this is the major virtue. We recognize the need for our work to reflect and promote equality, dignity, and a more just society especially with regard to the poor and marginalized.